|FORMAT, CONTENT, FOCUS AND PRESENTATION
A resume is not an autobiographical document. It should serve as an advertisement about your professional skills and
experience. A resume should address the specific needs of the potential employer who is reading it. The ideal reaction of
an employer who is reading your resume should be, "Wow. This person has exactly what I am looking for." Thus, at
Clickjobs.com through our service of Resume Critique we believe in suggesting those points which can make your
resume effective to be selected at the employer’s desk.
Please don't take anything about your resume personally. It's my job to tell you how to turn those words into a document
that showcases your skills, abilities, and talents so that you can land the position you want.
- Is the font and font size appropriate for the career level and industry should be first looked upon? We suggest use of
Franklin Gothic Medium 10 or Palatino Linotype 10 to be used in the resume.
- The resume should be eye catching, which can be made by the use of varying font sizes, bold, tabs, etc.
- A resume is a formal document so I recommend justifying your right margin.
GRAMMAR, MECHANICS AND STRUCTURE
- You can mention your name, mobile, phone number and E-Mail Id at the top your resume and your personal details
like Date of Birth, Language Proficiency and Address at the bottom of the resume.
- Professional Summary (an introduction) should be showcased in an effective manner.
- There is lack of core competencies in the resume, which bring out your expertise gained.
- Try and avoid tables in the resume as many a times they get distorted.
- Your document has a number of mistakes with capitalization so look it over carefully. Remember the only words that
should be capitalized are the first words in a sentence, proper names, titles, and acronyms.
- It’s not important to mention the company or the project profile as it is not important.
- Prefer to write the growth with the company in terms of designation if any.
- List of the key clients for whom you had worked can be incorporated in the profile section itself.
- Your job description should always start with action verbs and the language be precise and the sentences simple and
easy to understand.
- Job description can be segregated as duties and accomplishments. Accomplishments should be mentioned by far as
they are the most important. These are the aspects of your background that will make you stand out from your
competition. Accomplishments would include the achievements with particular employer.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Present your information in the reverse chronological order, the latest one would be on top:
- B.Com. from Mumbai University with 59.29% in 2014.
- 12th from Mumbai Board with 43.50% in 2011.
- 10th from Mumbai Board with 43.69% in 2009.
This can be written after the summary which includes operating systems, etc.
SELECT FROM THE OPTIONS